Sunday, February 15, 2009

New shoes! YAY!

Man, its been a while since I've done a new shoe post, and that's mainly because I haven't really bought any new pairs for months. But the recent email from Beverly Feldman and my upcoming birthday inspired me. That brings us to my newest shoe infatuation:

I never knew I could love a pair of shoes so much! I smile every time I pass them in the hall. These are the same beauties I posted about here, and once I started thinking about them, it was all over. I couldn't resist. So, happy birthday to me! And despite the 4" mega heel, they're actually really comfortable. At least that's what I'll keep telling myself. In reality, I've been out of the practice of walking in shoes like this long enough that my ankles feel weak and teetery. It's tragic, I know.

About 6 months ago while I was still gainfully employed, I bought several pairs of dressy shoes for work, knowing full well that most of my coworkers wore running shoes on a daily basis, and some didn't even bother to tie the laces. I could have succumb to the comfort of my New Balances, but life's just too damn short to look frumpy, ya know? So, even though they're not nearly as glamorous as the previous pair, here's a sampling of the shoes that I picked up for "work":

Although the heel measures only a mere 3", I still really like these. Best of all, they're from Naturalizer. Bet you never would have guessed that one, huh? Yes, Naturalizer actually makes *gasp* cute shoes. This next pair is also from Naturalizer:

Although most people seem to equate Naturalizer with dumpy, instantly comfortable nurse shoes, these guys were anything but. I actually had to stretch them with shoe trees for about a week before I could tolerate a whole day without kicking them off under my desk more than once a day. (Note that I generally wear these with pants and trouser socks, so they might look a little strange in the picture. Actually, they're really cute. The gray material is flannel and offsets the shiny patent leather nicely.)

Anyways, that's it for now. I'm gonna be strutting around my house for the next few days wearing the first pair with socks in an effort to break them in a little before their debut at the wine bar on Saturday. Hopefully, my ankles will remember how to walk in 4" heels by then!!

1 comment:

Amisk8er said...

I'm generally not the type to care/comment about shoes, but... I thought I'd give you my 2, no 1, cent:

Pic 3 are the best... thank you that is all :-)