Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Songs I'm liking lately

I'm not sure why, but I've been listening to a lot of radio lately. Not internet radio, or satellite radio. No, I mean that thing that is sent out over the airwaves. Strange, I know. I usually HATE things I hear on mainstream, homogenized, Top 40-centric radio. But lately, a strange thing seems to be happening. A few musicians have been putting out some pretty decent music. Grab your coats, people. Hell just might be freezing over. Srsly.

Here's a quick sample of several songs I'm really loving lately and just can't seem to get enough of:



I loves me some Mary J. Her voice is strong and confident and this song always manages to pull at my heart a little. "I'm here to make peace...I don't wanna fight...I just wanna make everything right..." Yes, I know that feeling well. This is just an all around beautiful song.



I slammed Coldplay pretty hard the other night for "allegedly" stealing Joe Satriani's music for their song "Viva La Vida" (and then winning Grammys for it), but the truth of the matter is that I love them. I ADORE their first album, and most of what I have heard from this one sounds pretty damn good too. Especially this song. I play it over and over and over. It's music to my ears.



I get to hear this one every week in my dance class. It's one of the songs in between the salsa piece and the house block designed to give us a little break before the real cardio comes along. I love it. It's totally funky and full of attitude. I always sing along. When I'm dead tired and feel like I can't dance another step, this song comes on and keeps me moving. (note: this is only the 30 second preview. If you like what you hear, click through to imeem to hear the whole track)



Who is this Adele person and where the hell did she come from with that voice? I can't even tell you how much I love this song. I could listen endlessly. So sultry and sweet all at the same time. (again, a 30 second snippet. I highly suggest listening to the whole song with this one. It will blow you away)



Mmmmmm...John Legend. Me likey. This is just a fun, catchy sing-along song. I turn the volume up every time I hear it and rock out...usually in my car.

I know it's weird, but there's good stuff on the normal radio these days. Give it a shot. Who knows...maybe you'll find your next favorite song.

No comments: