Monday, July 7, 2008

Well, that's one I haven't heard before...

More than a few times over the years, I've been compared to Karen Walker from the TV show "Will and Grace". Karen is sarcastically funny, loves shoes, men, and a good stiff drink. Also, I've been told that my speech patterns bear a striking resemblance to Karen's from time to time. For those of you who used to visit my old site, you know this picture well:


So snotty, she is. Honestly, I never really minded the comparison. Actually, I love her. I think she's hilarious. I kind of embrace my Karen-ness.

Earlier today, one of my new coworkers told me about a British TV show called "The Vicar of Dibley". She did so because, apparently, I remind her of the main character, the vicar. Since I know no one is familiar with this obscure British classic (and if you are... WTF?! Seriously?!), here she is:


According to my coworker, the vicar is loud, vivacious, incredibly funny, and loves chocolate as well as a good laugh...."just like me". She then went on to describe the similarities in further detail:

"She's supposed to be good and innocent. But you can tell, there's trouble brewing behind those eyes. She's mischievous. Devious. You know...just like you."

Yep. That'll about do it. LOL.

It's worth pointing out that this coworker has known me for less than a week. Am I really that easy to read? Sheesh. ;)

No comments: