Monday, July 14, 2008

Monday = Good day (for once)

Today was a monumental day for yours truly. I realized that, after this month's payments, I will be 100% credit card debt free. Holy moses. This has been a LONG time coming. Almost ten years, to be exact. I will still have my car loan to contend with, but I am thrilled to finally be out of the clutches of the evil credit card companies and their oppressive interest rates. *wipes sweat from brow* Hard work, it was.

Here's the best part: One of my cards had a $1.39 balance remaining. The company (Citi who will remain nameless) was unwilling to waive the small amount. I asked the lady helping me if I could make a payment by phone. She laughed, and told me that certainly, I could...if I wanted to pay a $14.95 charge for doing so. Yeah. I think not. I'll waste a stamp and a check and mail my payment, thank you very much. Still, I had to laugh. They nickel and dime you any damn way they can. Rat bastards.

My new job is still great and I really think I'm starting to get the hang of it. YAY!

I had one hell of a workout today after a long day of sitting. It hurt, but it also felt great. Tomorrow morning may be a different story....

Anyways, it's funny how the rest of the day is just like buttah when you have a good morning. Here's to Tuesday! =)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!! I totally understand how you must be feeling, total and complete relief to be free from the clutches of the devil. We got those rat bastards off our backs last year and just 2 weeks ago recieved the title to our car. YAY! -LG

Arvay said...

Hey, congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Very impressive!

-bt