1. Roman Hamrlik, defenseman, Montreal Canadiens. Possibly the toughest hockey name in all the land. Note to LG: the only time where the name "Roman" is acceptable is when a bad-ass last name like "Hamerlik" follows. (No offense. Your last name is better than mine!)
2. Radek Bonk, left wing, Nashville Predators. Bonk. Rad.
3. Miroslav Satan, left wing, New York Islanders. Granted, it's pronounced "Shuh-TAN" by most hockey announcers, but at first glance, it's "satan", plain and simple. I know Satan didn't get to choose what name appears on the back of his jersey, but every time I see him in a game, I'm reminded of the XFL and this guy:
4. Maxim Afinogenov, right wing, Buffalo Sabres. It just rollllls right off the tongue.
5. Travis Moen, winger, Anaheim Ducks. It might look like "MO-en", but hockey announcers pronounce it "Moan". Dubble rad!! Could you imagine the fun announcers would have with the Hamrlik/Bonk/Moen line?! My guess is not nearly as much as I just had. =P
The Dick Butkus award goes to Jody Shelley, Jordin Tootoo and Derek Boogaard. With names like those, is it any surprise that all three guys are known as their teams' enforcers? At 6'7"and 270 lbs, Boogaard will hand you your ass. Love it!
There are many, many more awesome ones, but these are the ones that always manage to make me chuckle a little. Did I leave out your fave? Leave it in the comments!