Sunday, April 19, 2009

I'm calling it now...

The Sharks will be eliminated from the Stanley Cup playoffs in Round One by the Anaheim Ducks in...wait for it...five games. The Sharks may take one game in the best-of-seven series, but holy shit, they're playing terribly, and if they keep it up Anaheim will have no problem dispatching the Presidents' Trophy winners in five games.

Make no mistake...it pains me to my very core to say this. I wish I had faith. I wish I could believe. But the Sharks are already down one game to Anaheim, and at about the mid-point of game two, the TOP RANKED TEAM IN THE WHOLE NHL looks like a fucking pee-wee team. The Sharks entered the playoffs as the number one seed, while the Ducks were ranked eighth. Right now, it looks like the reverse. Its just saaaaaaaad, ya'll.

After finishing the regular season with the best record in the NHL, nothing less than winning the Cup will suffice. And rightly so. But, I gotta be honest with you all, I just hope the Sharks can make the series respectable...even in defeat.

No comments: