Sunday, February 1, 2009

My weakness is now in my home.

I love coffee. There. I said it. Yummy, delicious, foamy, sanity-saving lattes, to be exact. But as much as I crave these tasty beverages sometimes, the hassle of getting in the car and going to a Starbucks or a Peet's and then standing in line and coughing up $3+ has always mostly been enough to deter me from making my love for vanilla lattes a serious problem.

DJC recently received a moka pot for Christmas. Since then, he's purchased a french press and a serious coffee grinder. We've been experimenting with various coarseness of the grind of the beans, water temperatures and how long to leave the coffee in the press until it's pressed. I've been experimenting with the blender and milk and the vanilla Torani syrup I picked up a while back. See, the blender has this whip function that makes the milk light as air, and this morning, I made the most deeee-lish vanilla latte ever! Check it out:

Perfect, frothy, vanilla heaven in a cup. I'm so excited to be able to make my own, better-than-Starbucks lattes like this without having to leave the comfort of my own house and my sweatpants and glasses. Life...it is good.

No comments: