Sunday, February 22, 2009

Apologies...

...for the lack of posting lately. I seem to have picked up a particularly ass-kicking strain of the bug that's been going around lately. It's all but drained my will to live and writing is not high on the list of things I'd like to be doing.

Of course, because I am an idiot, I've been pushing myself too hard lately and am now sacked out on the couch, cursing my own stubborn attitude. In my mind, if I don't admit to myself that I'm sick, I'm not. That approach worked pretty well right up until my birthday party last night.

First off, Marc 49 is the coolest place ever. We occupied the entire back room and our waitress was unbelievable. The wine flowed, the company was amazing, and thanks to the heat lamps, I felt like passing out all night long. Aside from being sick and getting worse once I got home, I had a great night. I am convinced that I have the coolest friends in the entire world.

Today, I am miserable. Sitting on the couch is usually a very comfortable thing, but I am so achy and yucky that I can't seem to find a way to sit or lay that doesn't bother me. Advil and sleep sound good right about now, but I'll probably just end up watching all the Oscar fanfare. Yeah. And until I feel a bit better, there's not gonna be a whole lot of activity here. Sorry about that. My life is pretty dull these days, anyway...

No comments: