Monday, September 22, 2008

Quick Updates

Man, I've just got ZIP ZERO ZILCH to blog about these days. BT has wonderful recipes. Arvay's got her adorable dogs and her adventures in the great wilderness of Alaska. Lucky_girl has a brand new little one and no time to sleep, let alone blog. Me...I'm just...normal, boring. Meh.

So, what's new in my life? Well...

...the job is still great. I am learning SO much and I am SO busy during the day, I hardly notice the time. There have been days where I'm honestly surprised when lunch time rolls around. And even though I like being busy and feeling useful, it's seriously cut into my online shoe-shopping habit (although, I've recently acquired a few cute pairs that I'll eventually get around to posting one of these days).

...last weekend, I volunteered to interview potential Cal Alumni Association Leadership scholars. The kids, (Ha! I can call them that now!) who were sophomores, juniors and seniors, were vying for a small monetary award for their positive contributions to the Cal community, as well as communities outside of the Cal campus. I met some of the neatest people. It made me feel like I could have done so much more with my time at Berkeley. These kids had really accomplished some great things and helped numerous individuals. I enjoyed myself tremendously and I would do it again in a heartbeat. All you Cal alum out there should really think about doing this next time the e-mail invitations are sent out. It's time very well spent, trust me.

...DJC and I have recently started the frustrating and difficult process of buying our first house condo. Everyone keeps saying that this is the time to buy, and after living in the same place for close to four years now, we're ready for a change of scenery. Plus, throwing money away on rent is sooooo last year.

...every day brings another fun, amazing Facebook surprise. I've reconnected with lots of people I haven't spoken to since 1994, and for at least one person, it's been longer than that! I love hearing from all my old high school friends and seeing pictures of their beautiful families. Honestly, I had no idea how much I had missed some of these people and without Facebook, I would never have known how to find them again. Funny thing...I was SO against social networking sites until I signed up. Since then, I'm having a blast talking to all my old friends! As much as I hate to say it, I have to thank DeKap for bringing at least one positive thing to my life. Viva Facebook!

...shockingly, I didn't hate Kim Kardashian on Dancing With the Stars tonight. I KNOW! I thought she'd be a bubble-headed bimbo (with a tush to match), but she was charmingly sweet and, most surprisingly, very articulate. Weird.

And that's about it. I've got a new song over there in the sidebar, but yeah, nothing else is really going on these days. Life, as they say, is good. I've got nothing blog-worthy to write about. No whining. No rants. I'm just living, breathing, loving, and being. It may not be much, but it's nice.

No comments: