Monday, August 11, 2008

Respect.

I should be sleeping. I have to get up early tomorrow for work. And yet, I don't really care how tired I will be in the morning...the Olympics are on and I cannot turn them off.

Can I just say that I am SO blown away by the USA swim team?! My god, they are so dominant at these games. So many medals. So many world records broken. So many reasons to piss off my neighbors with my cheers.

I am 100% convinced that Michael Phelps is not human. A gold medal-winning MACHINE, he is. The 4x100m free relay damn near brought me to tears. And I LOVED watching ex-Cal superstar Natalie Coughlin bust some ass in the 100m backstroke earlier tonight. And don't even get me started on Aaron Piersol and Matt Grevers. Simply. Amazing.

There are only two words that describe how I feel: MAD. RESPECT.

GO USA!! =)

2 comments:

Miss E. said...

Don't forget a rather kick-arse performance by the men's gymnastics team. I sooo wanted them to win it. They just kept nailing their routines, and they were so pumped. That was very cool to watch. I, too, feel I should get to bed early and get lots done these last days before school starts, but then I say, nah, I can sleep in. Sweet!

The Enforcer said...

DUDE!!

Two more words: SASHA ARTEMEV!

Damn, he really nailed it when it counted last night. So glad to see him do so well. He deserves every minute of limelight he gets.

The US men really did well despite the loss of both Hamms. So awesome to see them pull it all together!