Sunday, August 3, 2008

Great weekend...more rest required

After a crazy afternoon, evening and early morning of over-indulging in food, drink, dancing, amazing friends and conversation, I needed to lay low today. Minimal contact with people, lots of comfort food (read: greasy Mexican), lots more water, a couple of Advil and copious amounts of sports TV (read: The X Games) were all on the agenda. The weather even cooperated and stayed cloudy, cool and windy all day, thereby facilitating my couch camp-out under my favorite down blanket.

Unfortunately for my pounding head, DJC and I had RVSPd weeks ago to a birthday party taking place today. And not just any birthday party, mind you. A celebration for a one-year old. For all of you that know me, you know I don't do kids on days where I feel good. Today, I felt far less than good. And getting to the party's location...I came dangerously close to my breaking point. Not pretty.

But it was all worth it to be able to snap a pic like this:

How stinkin' cute is THAT?!?! Love her!

In other kid news, HUGE congrats go out to Lucky_Girl and her hubby! This weekend, a little ahead of schedule but healthy nonetheless, they became parents for the first time. YAY!! Let me know when ya'll come up with a name for the little guy, k? So exciting!!

In non-kid news, a huge thanks goes out to all the folks that made this weekend great. You all know who you are. Thanks for braving a night of (tame, but good) drum n' bass. Thanks to Kuze and company for cranking out another solid Still Doin' It night. And even though I was a bit resistant and skiddish around all the kids, thanks to JC for the invite and for allowing DJC and I to be a part of such a special time for your little one.

Happy Monday, everyone. Soldier on... =)

No comments: