Thursday, May 8, 2008

Random stuff

I got my Economic Stimulus check the other day. Whoop. I know I'm supposed to take my free $600 and spend it frivolously on material things, but I'm gonna just leave it in my account and eventually use it to pay rent. If I wasn't so stressed about my financial situation, I'd do what I did last time the Bush administration decided to give taxpayers free money: I'd donate it to Planned Parenthood in President Bush's name. I didn't vote for either Bush, and I sure as hell don't want this latest round of free money that will only serve to deepen the US's problems. I'd rather donate the whole lot to a worthy cause that Bush would NEVER fund...and do so in his name. But alas, I am jobless and need the cash. Bah.

Last weekend, I received a call from one of my old coworkers. He called just to check on me and see how I was doing. He also said, "I want you to know how much I enjoyed working with you and how sorry I am to hear about everything. You go out there and kick ass." The conversation lasted about two minutes, but I can't even tell you how much it meant. You see, he's the first person from my former company to contact me. All the people I worked with who I considered to be my friends have seemingly turned their backs on me. Losing my job sucked, but not hearing from anyone sucked even more. That two minute phone call meant the world.

Two days ago, DeKap and I went running at a park near his house. This park encompasses an entire city block and is comprised of stairs...lots of stairs. I've been running on nothing but flat ground and sand. Suffice to say, my calves and hips *hurt*. DeKap wants to do this twice weekly. I don't know if I can handle the soreness. On the bright side, I know that if I keep doing it, I'll eventually adapt. But in the meantime...ouch.

Is it wrong that at 9:30am I'm headed to the kitchen to eat hummus and Wheat Thins and then watch last night's Top Chef?

God, I need a job...

No comments: