Thursday, April 24, 2008

Control

With respect to my professional life, I have very little control over what I'm doing these days. So, I've compensated by controlling other aspects of my life. Like how clean our house is. And how many days a week I go running (and for how long). I've also been trying to really control what, and how much, I eat.

If that's the case, why, then, do I only want to eat cookies? And not just any cookies, mind you. Cookies from this place are worth a drive into downtown Oakland and a thirty minute hunt for a parking space. SO deelish, they are! Two days ago, I went on a serious bender and took down like four of them in a sitting. Gluttony? Yeah, maybe. SO?!? ;)

DJC brought home a dozen from the bakery near his office yesterday. It's all I can do to keep from RUNNING to the kitchen to have a delectable mocha cashew chip cookie for breakfast.

I may be able to control how many times a week I vacuum the same, already clean floors, but I cannot control my appetite for cookies. I'm off to devour one now. My mouth is literally watering as I type!

Weak, I am! LOL

No comments: