Friday, February 12, 2010

The Snow Leopard

In case you live under a rock, the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver, BC begin tonight. I LOVE the Olympics...the sports, the competitions, the thrill of victory, the athletes' stories. I devour it all.

Speaking of the stories, have you heard about Kwame Nkrumah-Acheampong,the Snow Leopard? If you're looking for someone with a really inspirational story to root for, this is your guy. What?!? You haven't heard of him? Here...click and read. He's the first skier from Ghana to ever compete in the winter Olympics. Yes, Ghana. As in, AFRICA. Amazing.

Even if he comes in dead last, he's my Olympic hero. I think his story is fascinating and truly what the Olympic spirit is all about. Can't wait to see him compete. In fact, I can't wait for the Games' Opening Ceremonies in less that two and a half hours! Its gonna be nice to actually be in the same time zone where the Games are held and see the events as they happen. I just need to figure out when the Snow Leopard will be competing and clear some room on the DVR.

GO WORLD!

No comments: