Saturday, May 31, 2008

Nice find

Ted at BSYTYCD relentlessly scours the intrawebs for any sort of SYTYCD-related information to keep us rabid fans up to date and totally entertained. He does a wonderful job. Now that the show's back in full-swing, I probably visit his site at least a handful of times each day.

This morning, thanks to Ted, I found a site called Rhino Times, where Orson Scott Card has a column. He recently reviewed and critiqued the judges on SYTYCD (and a few other reality competition judges as well). I found his comments to be insightful, interesting and dead-on. Not surprising for someone who has penned some of the most thoughtful and human sci-novels around. What I love about his books is that he always gives the reader (me) a different perspective on a situation that they (again: me) wouldn't have thought of in the first place. Very clever, he is. His columns at Rhino Times provide that same kind of insight. I'm totally fascinated by his views on modern-day pop culture. He's definitely got some strong opinions, and while he may be a little verbose at times, his columns are worth checking out.

If you're a fan of his work, you must visit Uncle Orson Reviews Everything. Happy reading!

No comments: